Vacancy – Registered Manager, Bevern view, near Lewes
Salary: 30-35,000 pa
Sussex Disability Charity The Bevern Trust is looking for a dynamic new manager for their care home. The Registered Manager will ensure that the very best care and opportunities are offered to our profoundly disabled residents. As a home striving for improvement, we will expect the Registered Manager to have a full understanding of CQC requirements and to work to our strategic improvement plan, both leading and working alongside our care management team.
What we offer
- A real challenge to inspire our team to deliver top quality care
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Continuing personal development
- A supportive management environment
- Have excellent management and organisational skills
- Thorough knowledge of CQC standards
- Ability to work with and manage a multidisciplinary team
- Willingness to work on shift, be on call and do hands on care
- Ability to communicate well, build rapport and lead by example
- Willingness to be part of the wider Bevern Trust Senior Management team(SMT)
- As the Registered Manager you will ensure, that the services provided by the home meet best practice requirements and standards set by the Care Quality Commission, the Department of Health and local commissioning and contracting, so that all resident health issues are well managed and person centred plans are effectively delivered.
- As a caring and compassionate person, you will hold a Registered Manager’s Award (or Level 5 Diploma), and have experience of working within a managerial role where the prime focus is on delivering high quality person-centred care, you will combine strong leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, good planning, organisational and supervisory oversight. In addition you will have the ability to cope with pressure and challenging environments, and have experience of business development.
- You will be requied to act as an ambassador for the home – Bevern View and the provider The Bevern Trust.
The Bevern Trust offers more from life for profoundly disabled people. Love, care, freedom and opportunity are at the heart of what we provide in a fun and enjoyable way.
Bevern View is purpose-built accommodation in the heart of the Sussex countryside in Barcombe, near Lewes and is dedicated to providing an active fulfilling life for our residents.
Served by over sixty full and part time staff, Bevern View has 11 beds for 9 permanent and 2 respite residents, all of whom have a series of highly complex needs, including special dietary needs.
Reports to: Chief Executive Responsible with: The Trust Senior Management team
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply then please submit your CV and cover letter to Rebecca.Archard@beverntrust.org